Happy Easter!!! I’ll fill you in on this weekend’s fun soon enough, but for now, we’re rushing to take a bike ride and enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts! In the meantime, let’s meet some goals ok?
Ok, so I’m a little late here, but better late than never, right? Remember those goals I set for the year? Well, here they are again, and here’s how I did this month!
- Complete 12 random acts of kindness- On Track! I did 1 last month for a total of 6 to date!
- Pay off my car- Done! This actually wasn’t supposed to be done until October, but things needed to be sped up, so I am officially a car owner for the next few weeks.
- Donate 24 hours of my time- FAIL City. I have volunteered 0 hours to date. I’m so embarrassed by this one. It’s ok though. I’m switching gears a bit here because my previous strategy wasn’t exactly working. I can’t say too much about this yet, but I promise I’ll fill you in when I have more details because I’m really excited about this.
- Run 2 half marathons- Not yet, but one will be happening this month!!
- Learn 3 new skills- Um nope. No new skills in March. That’s kind of sad.
- Read 12 books- On track! I read I think 4 in March, so I’m at 5 to date!
Also, miles run for March were 62 for a total of 144 run for the year! I’m pretty pleased with that. I’m averaging 48 miles a month, which means I could break 500 by year end. I like that.
The other March goals I set for myself were:
- Workout 5 days a week- FAIL. I actually averaged closer to 6 days a week, but it felt good, so I’m sticking with it. I’m still not running more than 4 days a week, but a little spinning and lifting feels awfully nice amidst all this race training.
- Take more pictures- Done! I’ve been taking pictures like a fiend these days. It’s starting to feel second nature.
- Stay in budget- FAIL. This car thing really through me for a loop financially, so my budget was busted, but I’m working to get back on track.
I’m going to keep working on those goals (minus the car) in April, but I’m adding the goal of contributing a $1000 to my personal savings account by year’s end. I’m still paying for the car (not to Toyota anymore) as well as student loan debt and retirement contributions, so extra savings are hard to come by around these parts, but $1,000 seems like a manageable goal, so I’m setting my sights on it.
My additional April goals are:
- Track spending like a good little budgeter and develop a household budget
- Strength train twice a week
- Set up 4 friend dates
- Ring in my 25th year feeling extra great!
So folks, that’s my progress (or lack there of) on my goals. March was a crazy month, and I’m really hoping for a peaceful April. You know what they say about the best laid plans though, right?
What are some things you achieved in March?
What are your goals for April?